Dayton 937-898-3167    Sidney 937-492-0386

2018 Client Letter

It is time again to start gathering your tax information for 2017. We would like to send your 2017 tax organizer via email. The tax organizers contain your 2016 tax information and can assist you in compiling your 2017 tax information. We do not require that you use the organizers to compile your 2017 data, but they are available to you if you find them to be of assistance.

For security reasons, no Social Security numbers, birthdates or bank information will be listed within the organizer, and all email attachments will be password protected.

If you wish to receive an organizer, please contact us via email at , or phone call (937-898-3167), and let us know if you would like your organizer emailed, or if you would like a paper copy mailed to you.

In an effort to help eliminate the increasing risk of identity theft, we recommend not mailing your tax returns to you. We recommend that you pick up your completed returns or that we email them to you (password protected). Special mail services will be used for our out-of-state clients. Order modafinil

As tax preparers, it is mandatory that we file federal and state returns electronically. If we have your email address on file, you will receive a confirmation when your tax return has been electronically filed and accepted, along with details of when to expect your refund. Most cities will be required to be mailed with attachments. We will prepare the city returns, however it is your responsibility to sign and mail.


We look forward to seeing you within the next couple of months. Please make every effort to get your information to us as soon as you have it organized to avoid the last minute rush.

If you need an extension for your 2017 tax return, we will do so upon your verbal request.

As always, we appreciate your business.

Very truly yours,

Manning & Associates CPAs, LLC, Partners and Tax Professionals:

John M. Manning CPA
Craig L. Steinke, CPA
John C. Bensman, CPA
Sandra L. Comer, CPA
John M. Keller, CPA
Lynne Dunham
Carter Harris
Trenton Dunham
Amber Wells
Michelle Easterling


1099 Requirement – Applicable if You Own Your Own Business, Farm or Rental Property

If you are a business owner, have a farm, or own a rental property, the Internal Revenue Service requires you to issue Form 1099 to any individual, “unincorporated” business, or any law firm that you paid in excess of $600 per calendar year for services rendered. We are required to indicate on your tax return whether or not payments were made that require filing Form(s) 1099, and if so, whether or not they were filed. Please complete the 1099 Requirement Section on Page 3 of this letter. Order Xanax

If you need assistance or have questions related to the preparation of Form(s) 1099, please contact our office for assistance. You may refer to our website for additional information on this topic. Forms 1099 must be issued to the recipients and to the Internal Revenue Service by January 31, 2018.

Charitable Contributions

We are still required to obtain a client statement with signature for charitable contributions. Please complete and sign the charitable contribution section on the enclosed Signature Page of this letter and submit with your 2017 tax information.

Affordable Care Act in 2010

As a result of the passage of the Affordable Care Act in 2010, we will be asking for information about your medical insurance coverage for 2017. You will need the amount of the premium paid for medical insurance in 2017, either by you, your employer, or the combination of both. If you work for a company that employs over 250 employees, this information should already be on your W-2.

In addition, you will be required to prove that you had adequate medical insurance for all dependents claimed on the tax return for all twelve months of the year. Your medical insurance company may mail to you Form 1095-B –Health Coverage. (If you obtained insurance in the Market Place, you need to download Form 1095-A). Please include this form with your year-end tax information as it will provide the information we need to complete your tax returns.

Minimum Wage Increase

The State minimum wage for 2018 is $8.30 per hour. The Ohio minimum wage for tipped employees is $4.15 per hour (plus tips). The State minimum wage still exceeds the federal minimum wage.


Taxpayers must provide documentation for all dependents claimed on their tax returns. If there is any doubt as to claiming a dependent, we will ask you to complete Form 8867 (Paid Preparer’s Due Diligence Checklist) or, if necessary, Form 8332 (Release/Revocation of Release of Claim to Exemption for Child by Custodial Parent), which must be signed by the custodial parent releasing/revoking the claim to exemption.

Business Expense Documentation

All business expenses claimed as a deduction on your tax returns must have the proper documentation. This includes keeping a mileage log for all business miles.

Dayton Office
6105 North Dixie Drive
P.O. Box 13449
Dayton, OH 45413
Phone:      (937) 898-3167
Fax:           (937) 898-9202

Sidney Office
500 Folkerth Avenue
Sidney, OH 45365
Phone:        (937) 492-0386
Fax:             (937) 492-3262
Toll Free:   1-888-249-0494

BBBDayton Development CoalitionDayton DefenseNFIBDayton Defense